Monday, February 8, 2016

How To Value Our Lives

,Esther 4:12-16 When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.” 

Mark 8:34-35 Then He called the crowd to Him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for Me and for the gospel will save it. 

Acts 20:22-24 “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. 


We must value life. Christians are prolife. We believe in the sanctity of human life. We believe God's Word that He knit is together in our mother's womb and we are fearfully and wonderfully made.It is the highest expression of our Creator's work.

The United States of America believes that all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

When it comes to our own lives it is different. We are called in the Word of God to offer ourselves up as living sacrifices. Jesus calls us to lose our lives for Him and the Gospel. He is the LORD God Almighty. He set the example for us. He laid dow His life for us. He gave Himself up for the church. We proclaim His death until He comes by taking the LORD's Supper. Paul wrote that he determined to know nothing among the Corinthians except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Esther: "If I perish, I perish."

Lose= 
  1. to destroy

    1. to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end, to ruin

    2. render useless

    3. to kill

    4. to declare that one must be put to deat

    5. to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed


Many who have followed Jesus fully go through very difficult circumstances, experience difficult things in their lives. When we follow Jesus He will lead us into places and people that stretch us so we can express his love to them. He went to some of the worst people in Galilee and the region around it while He was here on earth: the lepers, the demon possessed with unclean spirits, the poorest of the poor were among those He personally touched.

He calls us to follow Him, in His steps, in our walk with Him.
 

1. Our Life in Christ is Valued in How Much We are Becoming Like Jesus.

O To Be Like Thee, Blessed Redeemer
I Want To Be Like Jesus- My deepest prayer, my highest goal, that I may be like Jesus.

1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 

Being like Jesus in the 21st century. There are so many opportunities! 

Concern for the true poor
Reflecting His Image
Eternal View

In the fruit of the Spirit, His Spirit... love, joy, peace, gentleness, kindness, meekness, self control.

In humility.. . being a servant.

Becoming like Him in His Death.

Philippians 3:10-11 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. 



2. The Value of our Life is not How Much We Accumulate But In How Much We Give Away.

He who dies with the most amount of toys does not win!

I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace

We are not just talking about money although I have not found anyone who is giving other things to the LORD in abundance   who is still stuggling over tithing. Reading about Abraham and Jacob and how they "natually tithed". Jacob's promise as he left to flee from Esau.

Wreckless abandonment to the will of God.
Sticking our neck out for Jesus.

Esther: "If I perish, I perish."
Moses
Three Hebrew children
Daniel



3. The Value of our Life is Not In What We Have Here on Earth But What We Have Laid Up in Heaven.

Matthew 6:19-20 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 

I still do not fully understand how this is going to work out. I just know what Jesus said. Whatare you  depositing in the Bank of Heaven these days?

We place such a high value on our lives personally. Above all the people on the earth we pamper our bodies, have access to healthcare, have industries built around skincare, haircare, nailcare. We can shower every day, a luxury not available to most of the world's population. We have medicine to extend our existence, but not our lives.

We have 70 years, 80 if we have the strength. As I am months away from being 60 years of age... The finish line is up ahead. I have told the LORD, in whatever time I have left, I want it to be all out for Him. I want to go out hitting the finish line in full stride. Join me in this venture! Forget about the creature comforts, wrecklessly abandon yourself to being an Extreme Believer.

Philippians 3:7-8 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 

Watch The Sunday Morning Message herehttp://bambuser.com/v/6100535?v=m

No comments: