Sunday, April 1, 2018

What Does The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ Mean?

What Does The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ Mean?

Mark 16.1-7

We could talk about the emotional swings from Good Friday to Easter Morning
*From Hoplessness to  Exteme Elation
*From Despair to a joy that could not contained.
*From Confusion to a Surreal Sense that everything was going to come back together.
*From Unspeakable loss to having it reversed into Immeasurable Gain

Emotions played a huge part on the morning Jesus rose from the grave. We cannot discount feelings. They are part of us. We dare not make decisions based on them alone. Fenelon wrote, “Never make a major decision in time of distress.” He understood that you are not thinking your best when emotions are swinging from one end to the other.

Better to go by the facts.

There were many indisputable facts and witnesses concerning this wonderful event.
Most of all there was an Empty Tomb which means Jesus Had Risen just as He said. He appeared to Mary Magadelene, then to two of them on the Road To Emmaus, then to the disciples, behind locked doors for fear of the Jewish leaders.

This is more than a historical event, althougn it is that.
What does the Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, God’s Son mean?


1. Death Has Been Defeated.
O death where is thy sting? I Corinthians 15.55

*In our hearts
The sentence of death has been removed.
John 11.25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”
When I stand at the graves of people who have loved the LORD, there is deep conviction in my heart that they are not there. They are with the LORD. When it comes time for a person who loves the LORD to go... D.L. Moody: “One day you are going to read in the papers that Dwight L. Moody has died. Don’t you believe it! For on that day I will be more alive than I have ever been!”

*In our minds
Paul the Apostle wrote to the church at Philippi:
Philippians 1.20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.
We lost a professor only a few years older than I from Bible College days this week. He loved life. Someone wrote, “Too young and so sad.” I responded, “Sad for his precious family but better by far for him!”

*In our bodies
The dead in Christ
Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.” Revelation 14.13

Psalm 116.15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints

Mark 12.25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

*In our future
I Thessalonians 4.13-18


Death being defeated means...
2. Eternal Life Awaits Those Who Believe

Quantity eternal/ forever eternal life
Quality in the Present
Proverbs 8.32-36
“Now then, my children, listen to me;
    blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
    do not disregard it.
34 Blessed are those who listen to me,
    watching daily at my doors,
    waiting at my doorway.
35 For those who find me find life
    and receive favor from the Lord.
36 But those who fail to find me harm themselves;
    all who hate me love death.”


3. There is More To Life Than Our Time On Earth

Proverbs teaches us how to live wisely.
Jesus told us of heaven and hell.
Our life here is brief.
Eternity is forever.

David wrote about how the LORD was his Shepherd.
He ended that Psalm with the words: “Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”



4.  One Day All Our Questions Will Be Answered

 We will know fully even as we are fully known.
I Corinthians 13.12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

There have been many times recently when I have been asked a question about life, particularly in the area of suffering, and I have just had to say, “I don’t know.” There are mysteries in this life, many. We can wear ourselves out trying to find answers. One day we will know. One day we will understand.

Because Jesus Rose from the Dead all to all who believe on Him

5. We Will Be In Heaven.

Revelation 21.Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! The dwelling place of God is now among men, and He will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”


6. We Have Hope For This Day And All Our Days!

Luke 24

We had hoped...

Didn’t our hearts burn?



7. There is Great Joy In Serving Jesus.

He Lives!
I serve a Risen Savior!
I Will Serve Theee Because I Love Thee, You Have Given Life To Me.

The greatest joy, the ultimate is to do what God has called you to do
Works of service He has prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2.10
All the days ordained for me... Psalm 139.16     all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.


What does the Resurrection of Jesus Christ mean? Jesus said that He has come that we have life and have it more abundantly.
He died and rose again to offer it to us. Today!



Sent from my iPad

No comments: