Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Is there an advantage and growing up in a Christian home?

Is There An Advantage Growing Up In A Christian Home?

Romans 3.1-26
What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? Much in every way! First of all, the Jews have been entrusted with the very words of God.

Translate that to our setting. Is there an advantage in growing up in a Christian Home?
Much in every way!

1. They have been entrusted with the very Words of God.

Train up a child...
Proverbs 22.6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Dedicate
Start him off on the right track


Prayer
Seeing it in action
Dad
Nanny
Mom before we would leave for school.
Mealtimes
My girls as well.
A few months ago we had a sleepover ar Poppa’s. I heard them pray. I remembered praying with their Mom at nighttime, my parents praying with me.

Stealing, lying, cheating things that are abhorrent.
My Dad was a man of integrity in all his business dealings.
Remember a friend got a wrong quote on a vehicle, a nice used vehicle he was buying and went and bragged about it. He even said that the young salesman would probably lose his job for it. He said it smiling. Remember thinking that my Dad would never do that!

When my daughter worked in Nationwide’s Office in Huntington a well dressed pastor came in, with an expensive vehicle he wanted to insure. Problem was his wife had three accidents. My daughter tried to explain to him that as long as they were husband and wife New York State Law was that she had to be included on any auto policy. They went back and forth as he tried to get her to commit insurance fraud. She told me when he left I said, “My Dad would never do that! Not my Dad!”

Entrusted= to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
To have a moral and religious reference.

The blessing of the Christian Community. Not perfect, but I know I was loved.
People cared about me, they cared about my soul.
Arnie Finch, Sunday School Teacher, Board Member, Catcher on our church softball team.

Inter generational

The right kind of heroes.
Harold Post

Paul mentioned to Timothy “how from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to give you wisdom for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus” 2 Timothy 3.15. He remembered what a blessing it was for Timothy to have a family history rich in faith. “I recall your sincere faith that was alive first in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice, and I am sure is in you” 2 Timothy 1.5.


2. The law makes us conscious of sin. -v.20
If you have been entrusted with the very words of God then you will be constantly aware of wrong doing.
My heart goes out to those who have the entrusted Word of God in their hearts because they know what is right. They may reject it but they know.




3. Pray for the Prodigals!

3 What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:
“So that you may be proved right when you speak
    and prevail when you judge.”

Pray! Pray! Pray!

Pray they will be awakened, that they will return to the LORD.

Pray as we approach Easter they will not just remember the new clothes or chocolates but that the Holy Spirit, The Hound of Heaven, will woo them. Pray that in the night God will speak to their hearts.

Read Luke 15. Ask God for the Prodigals in your life.

No comments: