Sunday, November 17, 2019

Triumphant Here And Now

Triumphant Here And Now!

II Corinthians 2.12 Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the LORD had opened a door for me, 13 I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia.14 But thanks be to God, Who always leads us in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of Him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the Word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

Christ Jesus was victorious over everything! Demons, Disease and Death. He forgave those who put Him to death. You never hear Him talking about the injustices of His trial, His death as being a victim. He conquered it all.

So can we! Love keeps no record of wrongs. Those who do, I pity. They do not realize they are drinking the poison of their own death. Martin Luther believed in keeping short accounts with God and others... asking God’s forgiveness for himself and no record of wrongs by others. God help us. Help us to be triumphant over our enemies by loving them. Help us LORD to realize the power of love is infinitely greater than the power of hate.

He was victorious over depression, discouragement and disappointments.

As we serve the LORD...

1. There will be Disappointments in Our Service to God. vs.12-13
12 Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the LORD had opened a door for me, 13 I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia.

Paul, the apostle, was very close to Timothy and Titus. They were his sons in the Gospel. Shirley and Emmanuella are my daughters in the Gospel, Jhon, our Project Coordinator is my son. Interestingly all three of them are orphans! I care about these children. The girls call me “Daddy”. He has said that I am like a father to him. I have a similar relationship with him that my Dad had with me at that age. I remember when I came here 35 years ago. I was in my late 20’s. My Dad was near 60.  

If I got to Haiti and could not find these kids, or if I stepped out of the plane and Jhon was not there I would get very concerned. I would look for him. If I could not find him I would have no peace.

Remember this letter is being written in the middle of the first century where communications were by letter or word of mouth.
No telecommunications no mass communications. The only way to track someone down was by foot.

Paul was disappointed.

Paul was without peace over Titus, not knowing where he was.

And yet...
2. We always are Triumphant In Christ.

A perpetual victory parade! (MSG)
I love a parade! Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Give thanks.

God’s sovereignty.

Christ’s Promise
“I will build My church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.”

Christ’s victory.
Over death!
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! I Corinthians 15.57

Remember God is a Promise Maker and a Promise Keeper! The Resurrection is a perfect example of this.
Jesus told them that He would rise on the third day and He did!
They were downcast, disappointed and depressed after He died. Then Jesus appeared to them! He is alive! They were overjoyed!

God can turn things around in a moment! The whole tide of our lives can be brought into a new way in the blink of an eye!
He is working all things together for our good (Romans 8.28).
This can happen inwardly as we think about Christ always leading us in Triumphal Procession, another Triumphal Entry for us, a spiritual one. Some of us need this today! We need to live in this. It is our inheritance!

The Resurrection shows us that we may have lost hope. We had hoped that He would be the one to redeem Israel.
(Luke 24.21)
He was walking with them! He had come to redeem the world. We are hoping for something and the LORD makes it even more wonderful than we could have ever dreamed. This with us being part of His plan in ways we never dreamed of! In ways we would not believed if He told us!

Isaiah 43.18-19

18 “Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.

3. Remember what we are to God. vs.15-16

The pleasing aroma of Christ...
His death, burning of incense to God during the sacrifice.
Moses consecrated the altar with the anointing oil when the Tabernacle was dedicated (Exodus 40:9). Incense was burned daily on this altar at the time of the morning and the evening sacrifices. ... The burning of the incense was symbolic of the prayer of the people rising up to God (Psalm 141:2; Revelation 5:8; 8:3-4).

Ephesians 5.1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.


To the one we are an aroma that brings death. To those who are living on son, who are perishing.
Judgment. Guilt. Condemnation.



4. Integrity in the Ministry is a blessing!  v.17
Unlike so many, we do not peddle the Word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

So many do not have it!
Jesus spoke of those:
Matthew 7.21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father Who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and do many mighty works in Your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of iniquity.’

They are among the church today! so many

Follow the money!

Be a Berean!
Acts 17.11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Triumph over the world, the flesh and the devil.

Pray for the ministers with integrity.
To be faithful.
To hold to the deep truths of the faith.

Psalm 44.4-8
You are my King and my God,
    Who decrees victories for Jacob.
5 Through You we push back our enemies;
    through Your name we trample our foes.
6 I put no trust in my bow,
    my sword does not bring me victory;
7 but You give us victory over our enemies,
    You put our adversaries to shame.
8 In God we make our boast all day long,
    and we will praise Your name forever.


We may be facing some pain or sorrow or wondering what God is doing but we rest assured that Christ is leading us in a Triumphal Procession.
Victory
We walk by faith
God is good.
God loves me.
God is in control.
T

No comments: