Sunday, December 12, 2021

Warnings From The Wonderful Counselor

Warnings From The Wonderful Counselor Isaiah 9.6-7 Matthew 2.1-12 Joseph Magi 12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route. 13 When they had gone, an angel of the LORD appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.” 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the LORD had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.” We hear and see warnings every day. Hess Truck small parts, not for children under 3 years old Warnings= A Divine Command To teach from Heaven Admonished, instructed God warns us through His Word Proverbs, Hebrews He warns us through other’s lives, their examples God warns us through dreams * These warnings came from the LORD. We may take certain warnings of man very seriously. Covid Protocol So strict, unbending We should all the more with the LORD’s warnings. I have found in my ministry people argue, debate, get angry at times when I have warned them. Neither Joseph nor the wisemen did that. They did what God instructed them. Joseph was a wise man. Few have heeded the warnings. Don’t be like them. Submit to the LORD’s will Submit to His Word Submit to His Plan for you. We spend the first half of life wrestling with God, wanting to work for Him, our way, according to our dreams. In the second half we submit to His will, His dreams and visions… the dreams and visions of Christmas. We need to remember: Jesus was born in obscurity. Jesus discouraged news about Him spreading. No self advertising. Jesus humbled Himself continually. He had one purpose: to do the will of His Father in Heaven. He told His disciples. Luke 10.20 “do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in Heaven.” Luke 17.10 “when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’” * Ignore the warnings of the LORD at your own peril, Listen to them and live, a full abundant life He is not trying to make life hard, on the contrary He is trying to spare you the consequences of grief and pain by making poor choices. Proverbs 3.1-17 The first nine chapters of Proverbs are full of warnings. Immerse yourself in the Proverbs Live and learn Warnings: Bees in backyard in Bellmore. Tried to drown them… didn’t work Waited for my father. He knew what he was doing. Our Father in Heaven always does. Listen to Him, listen to the warnings. Wait. Jesus, Everlasting Father, Counselor of Wonder… if you have seen Me, you have seen the Father! This is My Beloved Son, listen to Him. Bees with Tony a two summers ago. Night, warnings Taking down the tree in my Mom’s backyard… Tristan and I… all the others fled! Missed the warnings… first day of deer season… at Camp Taconic. Prayer Retreat. He keeps us in our ignorance but expects us to use our heads. You will understand what Jesus was talking about when He said in John 10.10 I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness. I have come that they might have life and that more abundantly. I have come that they might have life to the full. The warnings of God are to enhance our lives, to make them full, abundant, more and better than we have ever dreamed of. * Be wise and listen to and heed every warning! Proverbs 3.7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. Joseph could’ve said, “I just got set up here in business in the local guild. I’m getting to finally make a living and now I have to move to another country?” There is no record of Joseph or his name’s sake ever complaining about “inconveniences” that took place in his life. We do well to suffer quietly, when we are going through it. Share with your closest spiritual friends. Don’t broadcast or out on the social media your deep pain. Quietly, submissively bear it as Jesus did. If we are following Jesus there will be unexpected places and situations His leadership brings us to. Psalm 23 tells us that. Death’s Valley A Table prepared in the presence of my enemies God warned the Magi, the wisemen not to go back to Herod but to return to their own country bypassing Jerusalem, another route. -v.12 Following Jesus in your travels, where you are going to live My parents… moving upstate in 1973. Praying, deep praying. Found a church first, then work, then property. So when I came here, back to Long Island in 1984, I has their example. Mine was all wrapped up in one! But I remember asking Dr. Mucci for another week for praying.I wanted to be sure. My kids all around me. Grandkids all around me. God warned Joseph in a dream to get out of Bethlehem. an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.” 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. Immediate Obedience Undaunted Faith Total Surrender No doubt the Hand of God was in the census. It is what brought Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem. God spoke to Joseph in a dream in Nazareth, now in Bethlehem. My dream, “You’re going the wrong way!” Letter. “I was going the wrong way.” January 2000 Missionary Robert Collins in the DR. Told me he had a similar dream and wrote a letter too. Same response. Your old men will dream dreams. Listen to the warnings of the elderly. Listen to their advice. Imitate their lives. Heed the warnings! Listen to the LORD. They will keep you from disaster.

No comments: