Sunday, July 14, 2013

Revealed Through His Word


I Samuel 3.21

The Revelation of Jesus Christ is through The Word of God. v.7
The heavens declare the glory of God. There is not a place on earth where their voice is not heard.
God calls men to serve Him. Corresponding with one this week wanting to know of my call, how I knew, etc.
The greater way, the greatest way by far in which God reveals Himself to us is by His Word.

The Bible is the Book of Books whereby we hear God, how He reveals Himself to us. Obedience to it brings the reward of intimacy with Him.
John 14:21, 23 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

So powerful is the Word of God:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Deuteronomy 32:45-47 When Moses finished reciting all these words to all Israel, he said to them, “Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.” God's Word -Words of Life

John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

John 1:1, 14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1. The Word Of God is Jesus Christ.
Spirit John 4:24 God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Flesh John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Written Hebrews 1.3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
2 Peter 1:20-21 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.



Spoken 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

We get to know Christ through His Word and His Spirit working through His Word.

We grow in Christlikeness by growing in His Word.
Knowledge of the Son of God.
True we grow by suffering and trials but we need the feeding of the Word to make sense and give us direction and comfort in those times and all the time.

We defend our faith through the Word.
Jude 1:3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people.

2. The Power of God's Word come through in all life.
There are those who are the error of the Word of Faith Movement, also called Positive Confession. It is a retread of Napoleon Hill, "What you can conceive you and receive."
Read the article link on our facebook page and see the damage which is being done by this error in Africa:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/south-african-pastor-calls-prosperity-gospel-damaging-asks-where-are-we-heading-to-99712/

We go to the Word for daily strength.
We go to the Word when we are in trouble.
We go to the Word for direction and answers.
It is a solid foundation. Matthew 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock."

3. We Need to Have Heart Like Samuel's.
Childlike. Not childish.
He heard the call.
Speak LORD, for your servant is listening.
We need to listen, quietly.
He obeyed.

The revelation of God is in His Word. He comes to us. We speak His Word to others and we see its power. We obey and live by it and we see its power.

Speak LORD, this week, through your Word. Your servant is listening.

No comments: